It's not uncommon to hear that other fitting brands are interchangeable or are similar to a Swagelok fitting, but there are some very important differences that have a direct impact on leak-free performance. So what sets Swagelok apart?
- A proprietary stainless steel formula-which cannot be purchased by anyone else.
- Superior chloride stress corrosion cracking resistance.
- A wide range of alloys are available.
- Useful in multiple engineered combinations.
- Raw materials undergo extensive testing including 100% ultrasonic analysis (identifies abnormalities) and eddy current testing (detects cracks).
SAT12® is Swagelok’s unique low-temperature carburization process. It achieves a phenomenal tool-steel-like hardness and strength in the ferrule without sacrificing corrosion resistance or material ductility (is nonbrittle).
- Enriches the surface of stainless and other metal alloys by diffusing carbon atoms between metal atoms without forming carbides.
- In use for nearly two decades.
- Global recognition for the SAT12® process since 1999, including the 2006 ASM Engineering Materials Achievement Award.
Swagelok performs CONTINUOUS, RIGOROUS TESTING ON THOUSANDS OF SAMPLES of production tube fittings to ensure only highly reliable components.
- We publish the most comprehensive book of tube fitting Product Test Reports (PTRs) in the industry.
- Ongoing validation tests ensure fittings consistently meet our most stringent standards.
- We conduct customized testing in our state-of-the-art labs to prepare Customer Test Reports (CTRs) for specific conditions and applications.
Others can try to copy our methods, but they can’t replicate our skilled operators, strict process control, and complete traceability. Swagelok owns the manufacturing process from start to finish:
- We forge, machine, electropolish, weld, assemble, and test—all in our own facilities.
- We use optimized top-of-the-line tools and machining methods across 20 production facilities.
- Our robust Reliability Excellence program keeps equipment running at optimal efficiency.
- Traceability at all phases is an integral part of our overall quality system.
- Our Limited Lifetime Warranty is a promise as strong as our products.
Uncompromising quality and consistency is what sets Swagelok apart from other manufacturers. In fact, we believe that when a Swagelok tube fitting is installed correctly, and the proper size and tubing material is used, that leak rates can approach zero.
We offer training that can help you get one step closer to a leak-free facility. Tube fitting installation and tube bending are just a couple of the classes we offer to help you along the way.
Complete the form below if you're interested in training that can help your facility improve efficiency and the goal of zero leaks.